C&D Swap Shop Hemingway 1st and 3rd Wednesday of Every Month

C&D Swap Shop Hemingway 1st and 3rd Wednesday of Every Month

More About C&D Swap Shop Hemingway 1st and 3rd Wednesday of Every Month

Georgetown County offers a construction and demolition debris "swap shop" the first and third Wednesday of each month. Call (843) 545-3443 for more information.

Available at:
Georgetown County Landfill
Pawleys Island Recycling Center
Pleasant Hill Recycling Center

Tags: recycling, recycling, swap, shop, c&d, construction, demolition

Posted By: Georgetown County Recycling Convenience Cntr. - Pleasant Hil

Event Details

Date: November 4, 2020
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm

This event also occurs on 11/18/2020, 12/02/2020, 12/16/2020

Pleasant Hill Recycling Center
11987 Pleasant Hill Drive
Hemingway SC 29554

Visit Website

Janet Combs

Share This Event

More About this Event Poster: Georgetown County Recycling Convenience Cntr. - Pleasant Hil

Department Functions:
The Recycling and Collections division functions as a component of Georgetown County Environmental Services, providing citizens with a convenient means of recycling and solid waste disposal. The Recycling and Collections division has 14 manned convenience centers throughout the county. Each center provides containers for recycling of newspaper, plastic, cardboard, yard waste, bulk waste, waste tires, used oil, glass, scrap metal, aluminum, steel cans, cooking oil and batteries. These facilities collect approximately 14,000 tons of recyclables per year. The county also has an Environmental Education Center and Nature Center located at its landfill. These are avenues for community outreach, offering opportunities for residents, students and organizations within the county to learn about environmental issues, department programs and local wildlife.
Electronic Waste Facility:
Georgetown County’s Electronic Waste Centralized Collection Facility is located at the Landfill on Highway 51. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a. m. - 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Materials accepted include: Computers, VCRs, radios, copiers, scanners, printers, mobile phones, cable boxes, monitors and televisions. Electronic Waste is also accepted at the Murrells Inlet, Pawleys Island, Johnson Road, Andrews and Pleasant Hill convenience centers during normal operating hours.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility:
Georgetown County’s Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at the Landfill Convenience Center on Highway 51. The hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Materials accepted include: Paint products, cleaning products, lawn and garden care materials (pesticides, fertilizers, etc.), automotive products and other miscellaneous products. Materials NOT accepted include: radioactive material, bio-hazardous or medical waste, explosives, ammunition, propane cylinders larger than 16.4 oz. and asbestos.
Commercial Recycling Program:
Georgetown County offers a free paper, and cardboard recycling program for businesses. The program provides businesses in the County with recycling containers that are picked up via recycling truck route weekly. To enroll, fill out the application form linked below. You may email the form to James Coley, fax to (843) 545.3483, or mail application to: Georgetown County, Department of Public Services, Division of Environmental Services, P.O. Drawer 421270, Georgetown, S.C. 29440.
C&D Swap Shop:
Georgetown County offers a construction and demolition debris "swap shop." Call (843) 545-3443 for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Where are the convenience centers located? When are the centers open?
A: A map of all convenience center locations, along with hours of operation, is provided on our website.
Q: Does Georgetown County accept electronic waste?
A: Yes. Only residential electronic waste is accepted, one unit per household per day. For more information, see the Electronic Waste section above.
Q: Does Georgetown County accept paint?
A: Yes. Only residential paint waste is accepted. It can be brought to the Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at the Landfill Convenience Center.
Q: How should I prepare my yard waste?
A: Yard waste in plastic bags is banned from the convenience centers and the landfill. Kraft paper bags may be used. Call the landfill office for more information, (843) 545-3443.
Q: Can milk jugs and milk cartons be recycled?
A: Yes. Georgetown County will accept both at our convenience centers. Milk Cartons should be placed in the cardboard containers, while milk jugs should be placed with the plastic.
Q: How should I prepare recyclables?
A: Plastic, glass and metal cans should be rinsed. Cardboard boxes should be broken down so they are flat. Discard caps for glass containers before recycling.
Q: Where should I dispose of oil/gas mixtures from my boat or small equipment?
A: The Pawleys Island Convenience Center, Pleasant Hill Convenience Center and Landfill Convenience Center accept oil/gas mixtures.
Q: Can I tour the Environmental Services facility?
A: Yes! The public is welcome to tour the facility. To schedule a tour, call (843) 545-3443.
Q: Is recycling mandatory in Georgetown County?
A: No. However, recycling is strongly encouraged, and we try to make it as easy and convenient as possible.
Recycling Convenience Center Locations and Information
The Pleasant Hill Convenience Center has a large used farm oil container.
Cooking oil is accepted at all centers (see attendant). Bring cooking oil in a disposable container and we'll take care of the rest.
For more information click on our website link or go to http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/recycling/

Would you like to add your event at TownPlanner.com?

Town Planner is a community-minded organization. We're all about keeping things local and promoting hometown pride! That's why we're glad to offer you this medium to inform the public about your event. Post it today and it will appear on our website, our newsletter, and our mobile app.

As a general rule, we welcome the submission of events from charities, non-profit organizations, and municipal or community organizations such as mayor's offices, churches, schools, and the like. To get started, simply create an account. It's free and easy and you'll be able to start posting events as soon as you receive your authorization email.

If you're a business owner or you wish to promote a for-profit event, your event may be subject to the policies of your local Town Planner publisher. Some publishers may charge a nominal fee for such events, or reject them if they compete with other events from paying sponsors. To learn more about your local publisher's policies, or to inquire about adding a coupon or display ad for your business, please use our contact form.

Please keep in mind that Town Planner is a family-friendly publication and we reserve the right to reject any event that is deemed offensive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate for inclusion on our site.

Remember that we're not just online! If you do business in an area with a local Town Planner publisher, our beautiful full color wall calendar is delivered free each December to thousands of homes in your community. Most people who receive the calendar hang it up in a prominent place and keep it all year long, making sure your business is On Display Every Day!

We're looking to bring the Town Planner to even more communities across America. If you or someone you know have an entrepreneurial spirit and would like to promote local businesses and build hometown pride while achieving financial security for yourself, why not look into becoming a Town Planner publisher?

Comments, Questions, or Concerns?

We're here to help! Email Us

Town Planner - Quickly Becoming America's Calendar!